Pages

Wednesday, June 9, 2021

Magical Matariki 🌠!

 Kia Ora everyone! 

Welcome back to my blog! So its nearly Matariki and our class decided to make Matariki art.

Here is mine, I really enjoyed this activity! 

Are you celebrating Matariki? Now if you want to make one of these of your own here are the instructions. 
  1. Draw your design on a spare piece of paper ( With the stars you must make sure to draw them on the opposite side and possibly way than mine because if you don't it will not end up like mine and it will be the wrong way round) 
  2. Draw it again on a piece of foam (make sure to have a bit of pressure)
  3. Have a roller of paint and then paint of two colors ( or more)
  4. Put a piece of paper over your wet design ( Make sure to add some pressure so it sticks)
  5. Take the paper off and add your name so you don't get mixed up
  6. Rinse the foam under a tap ( so all the paint is off)
  7. Get a paper towel and dry it so you can have another go 
  8. Do it as many times as you want!
  9. Get a piece of card and cut out an even frame
  10. Put the picture in the frame and cut off any extra paper hanging out the side
  11. Glue it all together
  12. Add your signature down the bottom
  13. BOOM DONE!

I think the Matariki art is so beautiful and I really hope you decide to give it a try! I decided to add a river in my picture and you probably can't see the rocks that I added. I really liked the idea of a river because I thought it looked really beautiful, The mountains are also based on Aoraki ( Mount Cook ).  I am really proud of my work and I think it looks super cool! Make sure to comment down below if you decided to try this art out! See ya later bloggers.

1 comment:

  1. Hi honey, its daisy. I think your artwork looks really cool! I like how you included instructions for other people. Maybe next time you could talk more about what matariki is and what its about. overall, this is really good, bye! <3

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post