Pages

Wednesday, April 15, 2020

Detective Data

For Day 1 term 2 Home school, we got assigned a maths task called data detectives . This task included sorting out all the food in the house and them putting them in their category's , E.g, meat, veggies, fruit, grains and dairy. I found this a bit challenging when we had to research if avocado is a veg or a fruit? And I found out it was a fruit because it has seeds. After I did that I then went onto making a Dot tally system then onto making a pie and a Bar graph. Here is my work.












Now here is my pie and Bar Graph 


Some questions about my Charts

What was the most popular food group? Dairy and Fruit 

What was the least popular food group? Vegetables

What surprised you about this data? That meat wasn't up in the top 
because we normally have meat for dinner

Now here are three summary statements about this data.

That meat just needed two more to be in a tie with Dairy and Fruit

That grains had one more food than Vegetables

And that Vegetables is the least favourite food group in the house

I hope you enjoyed my presentation 
please comment if there is anything to improve on. 
:)
















4 comments:

  1. This is a well presented task Honey. I really enjoyed the dot matrix and the different charts presenting the results. We must work on the Veggies becoming a larger part of the Clayton household eh?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Honey. I agree with mum. This is very well done. I especially like the dot matrix. I can recommend veggies...yum! Janey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Honey It is Taylor here and Yours is so so cool a really well done why not next time say what each food was from like the fridge It looks way better than when I did it so well done (^o^)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post