Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2020

High diving Giraffes!

Have you ever heard of a high diving giraffe? For day 2 of Home school I decided to do a task on High diving giraffes,Like pigeon impossible we got a video. After we watched the video we had a couple of tasks to choose from I chose to do describe what a giraffe would see,here is my story.

High Diving Giraffes

My brown eyes open as the hot golden sun shines on my face,I knew it would be a marvelous day for a swim. I stretch my long legs and decide to head off to the pool.The silver doors open and the sun shined on the grey sparkling tiles,I look around and I knew I wasn't the only one who wanted a swim, 14 more golden yellow animals with brown spots and long necks just like mine were already lining up, ready.The line goes into the corridor and our brown hazel nut hooves clip and clop walking down the milky white floor.A strange object that had a black screen  hangs down from the ceiling I sniffed it and gave it a little lick just to make sure it wasn't anything bad, It seems harmless enough, so I just walked away, feeling the excitement building in my tummy.In front of me, the line turned a corner and we ended up on a staircase with floor boards of smooth brown wood and a glass railing.The line stopped near the top. Suddenly I hear the sound of hooves thundering across the floor, and the first Giraffe was gone,then the second then the third and soon enough it was my turn.My heart thumped, butterflies fluttered crazily inside me, and my legs wobbled as I made my run.  I looked up and saw a giraffe hanging onto the ceiling, with his front hooves reaching out, ready to help me jump. “Whoosh” My small hoofed feet lifted off the ground, I soared through the air like a jet plane and reaching out, caught hold of the other giraffes hooves. With a firm push he threw me further up into the air. I tucked myself up into a a round ball as best as i could, tucking both my feet in and my neck , and spun around once, twice, faster and faster. The clear blue water shimmering under me. “SPLASH” all went quiet, water rushed into my ears and bubbled up my nose , and I was now flying through the water . The feeling of the water was soothing, and calm.  My large long body felt weightless in the water. Reluctantly, I dragged myself back onto dry land and my face was grinning with excitement. I followed the giraffe line back up the brown wood floor eager for another go. Another giraffe had joined in and was hanging down from the ceiling, waiting. Soon, I was back up again on the diving board and “WHOOSH” I was yet again flying through the sky. After the full day of lining up and diving all the yellow long necked animals needed a drink, I stretched my yellow legs far apart, lowered my neck and drank. All of a sudden, “ Bang!”. One of the doors to the pool opened, humans were awake. Soon the only sound was a distant clip clopping as all the giraffes fled quickly back up the grey shining corridor.

3 comments:

  1. Honey, I love your description...I can really see it in my minds eye. Janey x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really loved this writing Honey, well done.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Honey! I thought your writing was amazing. I could picture every detail in my mind. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post